Upcycle Your Kids Old Pants!
NO SEWING!!!
My daughter grows like a weed and I hate having to get rid of all her pants that still fit but are a couple inches too short.
I decided to remake her old jeans and jogging pants into some adorable capri's for the summer!
This took me 10 minutes and cost me 11 cents!!!
I decided to remake her old jeans and jogging pants into some adorable capri's for the summer!
This took me 10 minutes and cost me 11 cents!!!
MATERIALS NEEDED:
Outgrown pants (the waistband still needs to fit comfortably)
Iron
Iron adhesive hemming tape
ruler/measuring tape
Chalk (optional)
Pins ( optional)

Before you begin:
If creating a cuff leave the pants right side out.
If you want a clean hem, turn pants inside out.
Chalk (optional)
Pins ( optional)
Before you begin:
If creating a cuff leave the pants right side out.
If you want a clean hem, turn pants inside out.
1) Measure new length that you want pants to be taken up. I just measured by eye but you may want to use a ruler and mark it with chalk to ensure they're even.
2) Creating a cuff- simply roll the cuff up. (I folded up 1 inch and then up 1 inch again)
Clean hem- measure 1 inch below desired length, trim off bottom portion then fold that 1 inch up.

Clean hem- measure 1 inch below desired length, trim off bottom portion then fold that 1 inch up.
4) Measure proper length of hemming tape.
** I got mine from Wal-Mart for $ 2.50 and only used 11 cents worth on each pair!!!**

5) Insert hemming tape under fold. If you're having trouble keeping it in place use a few pins.
6) Press for 2 or 3 minutes on each side ( or follow length of time advised on tape package)

That's it! :)

I thought the cuff looked a little unfinished so I added 2 buttons on each leg.
** I got mine from Wal-Mart for $ 2.50 and only used 11 cents worth on each pair!!!**
5) Insert hemming tape under fold. If you're having trouble keeping it in place use a few pins.
6) Press for 2 or 3 minutes on each side ( or follow length of time advised on tape package)
That's it! :)
I thought the cuff looked a little unfinished so I added 2 buttons on each leg.

No comments:
Post a Comment